HELPING CHILDREN LOVE READINg
As part of our commitment to helping children love reading for pleasure, we invite you to take part in our Juniper Education Book Awards. The Awards are designed to improve literacy, facilitate debate and encourage reading for pleasure among pupils at upper Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
Pupils are invited to read the six shortlisted books and judge which one they consider to be the best. Use this site to find out more about the books, talk and share your thoughts and opinions with other readers across the country, and write reviews.
The Juniper Book Awards are open to all primary schools (Years 5 and 6) and secondary schools (Years 7 to 9).
All participating schools will gain access to our Juniper Book Award forum where pupils can write comments and reviews about the books, and interact with pupils from other participating schools as well as the authors*. If you would like your school to take part in this year’s Juniper Book Awards please sign up below or scroll down this page for further details of what is included.
Why sign up for the Juniper Book Awards?
Sign up for just £104 per school and receive:
- a copy of each of the 6 shortlisted titles
- publicity material
- hints and tips for running the Award in school
- access to the Juniper Forum for posting reviews and voting
- drama scripts to launch the Awards
- access to a selection of Sonar Awards Digital Badges
- book trailer workshop in January
- an invitation to the Virtual Award/Live Streamed/In-person Ceremony in March. Invitation to all participating schools and shortlisted authors to attend*
*Unfortunately, the format of the Award ceremony will be subject to current COVID restrictions and we cannot guarantee the participation of the book authors, but we do invite them to join in with the forum discussions and attend the award ceremony, and in previous years a number of them have done so.